Join Our Board of Directors
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals who are passionate about early music, and have the time, resources, and connections to join our board of directors and contribute to our mission. Our board of directors is an engaged and high-performing board, with a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To this end, the board provides support through governance, strategic planning, fundraising, and outreach. This opportunity is a volunteer position. Each director should have the following capacity and qualities:
- Commitment to Early Music Seattle’s mission and a genuine interest in our mission, vision, and values
- Willingness to be a team player and an empathetic, thoughtful listener.
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of board governance: finance, legal, fundraising, strategic planning, governance, education and/or personnel.
- Willingness to commit to three years of board service.
- Willingness to serve on at least one committee and actively participate.
- Willingness to accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Willingness to commit time for quarterly board meetings, committee meetings, special events (10-20 hours per quarter).
- Willingness to participate in Early Music Seattle’s fundraising efforts.
- Willingness to use your networks and connections to promote the purpose and agenda of the organization.
To learn more:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Early Music Seattle office at 206.325.7066 if you are interested in joining our board of directors.