Featured events presented by Early Music Seattle
Need help with purchasing group or other ticket issues? Call us at 206.325.7066.
- This event has passed.
A Formal Affair: Sacred and Secular forms throughout the Renaissance
October 29 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Sine Nomine: Renaissance Choir
FALL CONCERT – Oct 29, 2023 (Sun.) – 3:00pm
Trinity Parish Church, 609 8th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
Sine Nomine: Renaissance Choir invites you to A Formal Affair! Come join us as we explore polyphony’s diverse range of musical forms. We will sing light-hearted songs from various countries: an Italian balletto, Spanish villancico, and French chanson, alongside a more melancholy offering in the form of a German lied, as well as a French chanson expressing true love, and the illustrious English anthem ‘O clap your hands’ by Orlando Gibbons. We even offer early American selections in the form of two fuguing tunes by William Billings. There is indeed a little something for everyone in this musical potpourri!
- FUGUING TUNE: William Billings – Framingham
- William Billings – Assurance
- LIED: Heinrich Isaac – Innsbruck, ich muß dich lassen
- CHANSON: Pierre Passereau – Il est bel et bon
- CHANSON: Johannes Ockeghem – D’ung aultre amer
- PARODY MASS: Josquin des Prez – Missa D’ung aultre amer
- FROTTOLA: Josquin des Prez – El grillo
- Josquin des Prez – Scaramella
- CANCIÓN: Juan Vasquez – Mi mal de causa es
- VILLANCICO: Juan de Ancieta – Con amores, mi madre
- Juan de Ancieta (arr. Chilcott) – Con amores, la mi madre
- CANZONETTA: Giovanni Ferretti – Mirate che m’ha fatto
- VILLANELLA: Orlando di Lasso – Tu sai, madonna mia
- BALLETTO: Giovanni Gastoldi – Il premiato
- FULL ENGLISH ANTHEM: Orlando Gibbons – O Clap Your Hands